Reorder categories or articles using the up and down arrow icon to the right of each category or article. Use this feature to drag and drop content above or below other content. Follow these instructions to move content outside the current level.
In addition to reordering content inside the current level, you can also move...
- categories into other categories
- sub-categories into other categories
- sub-categories to the top category level
- articles to the top category level
- articles into other categories
- articles into other sub-categories
To do this...
- Click (and hold) on the title of the category or article you wish to move.
- Drag and drop it into the desired category, or drop it in the outline box for "Move to Top Level".
When a reader clicks on a category in the table of contents, the default behavior is for the category to toggle open and closed to show and hide its content. This is called progressive disclosure in user experience, and helps maintain focus by reduce clutter, confusion, and cognitive workload.
If you would like clicking the category to navigate to the category landing page, start by editing the category by clicking on the 'gear' Edit icon next to it as shown below:
Next, choose Navigate under the Table of Contents Options on the category's edit page:
You will also find the option to hide the contents of the category completely in the same section.