If you have room on your account, you can make a copy of an existing knowledge base either for a variety of purposes: testing/troubleshooting, translating, new versions of software, and as a template.
To copy your knowledge base...
- Go to Your Account > Knowledge Bases or click on the little owl in the top left of the navigation bar.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right of the knowledge base you want to copy.
- Click Copy.
- Give the copy a new name and URL.
- Click Copy Project.
Everything is copied except your file library. All images and files in your content will link to the original knowledge base's library.
If you have a private domain set up, you will want to disable it on the copy so that the View KB and content links take you to the copy and not the original.
- Go to Settings > Basic.
- Click to edit your private domain and delete it from the URL field.
- Uncheck "Enable private domain links".