When you create or edit a category, you can choose between several different types of categories. Category types can be changed at any point in time by editing the category.
The types of categories control :
- How the category landing page appears in the knowledge base
- How the category looks and functions in the table of contents
- Whether or not you can have sub-categories within the category
- Whether or not this category will pull and sync content from another knowledge base
- Whether or not the category will redirect to another web page when viewed
The five types of categories in KnowledgeOwl are:
Displays articles in a simple list. Choose one of three sub-category display formats: title and description, sub-category panels, or content list.
- Blog style
Display a paginated list of articles with brief descriptions. Can only contain articles.
Displays the full text of all articles in a single page. Can only contain articles.
- Custom content
Create a landing page from scratch like an article. This type of category will be available in search.
- Shared content
Copy and sync a category and all its contents from another knowledge base.
- URL Redirect
Clicking on this category to view it redirects the end-user to another webpage of your choice.