You can set up your contact form and embedded contact widget to automatically create tickets in your Freshdesk account. The contact form will then create a Freshdesk ticket via the API as your specified user.
To set this up, you'll need this info from Freshdesk:
- Your Freshdesk domain - this appears before freshdesk.com when you set up your account. If your Freshdesk account uses a custom URL (like helpdesk.yourcompany.com), don't enter that custom URL here. If you don't know your original Freshdesk subdomain, you can go to Admin > Portals, click to select the portal, and check the Portal URL settings, which will show the freshdesk subdomain. You can also go to https://freshdesk.com/login, click the Forgot your helpdesk domain link, and enter your email address to find it.
- Your Freshdesk API key - you can find your API key or reset it by clicking your profile icon in the upper right and selecting Profile Settings. You'll see your API key in the upper right:
Once you have this information in hand, you can configure your KnowledgeOwl Contact Form to use Freshdesk:
- Go to Knowledge Base > Contact Form.
- Check the box next to Enable Contact Form.
- Choose Freshdesk as your Send Method.
- Specify your Freshdesk domain and API Key., as mentioned above.
- Customize your Contact Form text.
A completed setup might look like this: