Your knowledge base supports three types of PDF exports:
- Individual article PDFs: when viewing an article in your knowledge base, readers can download a PDF of that article using the same general styles as your knowledge base. This can be enabled/disabled for the entire knowledge base or individual articles.
- Standard (Full knowledge base) PDF: Create a PDF file containing all published content in your entire knowledge base
- Custom PDF exports: Create PDFs from selections of published content in your knowledge base; great for things like onboarding guides, Getting Started, downloadable user manuals, etc.
By default, PDFs inherit the styles of your knowledge base. However, you can customize some styles (such as web fonts that don't generate in PDFs well) by adding custom CSS that references the
For individual article PDFs, add overall layout/style changes in Settings > PDF. For Standard and Custom PDF exports, add overall layout/style changes in Knowledge Base > Exports in the appropriate tab.
In general, clickable hyperlinks will automatically generate in all three PDF types, though we have two warnings about this:
- If you are primarily using PDFs as print resources, you may want to display the full URL of a hyperlink. See Display full URL of links in PDFs for how to do so.
- Hyperlinks to same-page anchors will not work properly.