You can create tags in two ways:
- In Library > Tags using the Create link.
- In any article or category editor view, by typing into the Tags box and hitting Enter
Tags can contain:
- Upper and lowercase a-z
- Special characters: dash (-) , underscore (_), pound sign/hashtag (#), equals sign (=), @ symbol, exclamation point (!), period (.), comma (,) quotation mark ("), apostrophe ('), colon (:), forward slash (/)
Other special characters (especially ? , + , * , & , ^ , \ , and $) will cause errors with tag search functionality
Create tags in Tag Library
Creating tags in the Tag Library can be great if you:
- Need to create a lot of tags at once
- Want to be able to see tags that already exist while you create tags
- Want to be able to create the tag and mark it as internal/hidden from readers
To do so:
- Go to Library > Tags.
- Click the Create link near the upper left of the screen.
- This will open the Create tag pop-up. Add the Name you'd like displayed for the tag. If you'd like to use this tag only within app.knowledgeowl.com, check the box under Visibility to "Hide tag from readers". Here, I've created an "announcement" tag that will be visible to all readers:
- Once you've finished editing the tag, click the Create Tag button. The tag will be added to your library and immediately available for use.
Create tags in the editor
You can also create tags on the fly while you're editing an article, topic display category, or custom content category.
To do so:
- In the article editor and in select category editors (topic display and custom content), click in the Tags input box below the editor.
- Type the name of your new tag and hit Enter or Tab.
- The tag will be created in the Tag Library and added to this article.
- Be sure to Save your article once you're done.