All of our layout templates include a space for a logo in the header of your knowledge base. We recommend using an image that is no taller than 60px and no wider than 300px, though you can use CSS overrides to resize larger images.
To set a logo or update it:
- Go to Settings > Style.
- In the Logo section, click the Update Logo button.
- This will open a file selector window where you can choose the file you'd like to upload. To use an existing file in your File Library, click on the file (you can use the Search bar at the top to help locate it). To upload a new file, click the Upload New File button in the lower left:
- Find the file you want to upload, select it, and click OK. This will begin the upload process.
- In the Change Logo pop-up, you'll see the name of the file you selected to upload. When it's done uploading, you'll see a 100% after the file name. Once you see this, you can continue with the next step:
- With your file selected (or uploaded), click the Update Logo button in the lower right to complete the logo update.
- If you are using the default HTML styles, after you upload a logo it will automatically appear in the header of your knowledge base.
If you accidentally deleted the markup for the logo, you can go to Custom HTML > Top Navigation and add this HTML after the slideout-left-toggle template:
<a class="navbar-brand" href="/help" alt="Logo" title="Your site"></a>
This merge code will pull in the markup for the image automatically. Here's a sample of what that final product might look like: