You can set up your contact form and embedded contact widget to automatically create tickets in your Zendesk account. The contact form will then create ticket via the API as your specified user and include some helpful metadata in a private comment.
To set this up, you'll need this info from Zendesk:
- Your Zendesk domain - this appears before zendesk.com when you set up your account. It's also viewable in Zendesk through Admin > Account > Branding in the Subdomain section.
- Your Zendesk username - what you use to login to Zendesk with
- A Zendesk API key - you can create one through Admin > Channels > API:
Once you have this information in hand, you can configure your KnowledgeOwl Contact Form to use Zendesk:
- Go to Knowledge Base > Contact Form.
- Check the box next to Enable Contact Form.
- Choose Zendesk as your Send Method.
- Add your Zendesk domain, username, and API key, as detailed above.
- Set up optional Zendesk fields like priority and custom fields.
- Customize your Contact Form text.
- Click Save.
A completed setup might look like this: