For each article, besides adding a short title to be used in the table of contents, you can also add an Internal Title. Internal titles are used only within app.knowledgeowl.com -- they aren't things your readers see when viewing the knowledge base.
Internal titles can be useful when you might have a lot of articles with very similar names, just in different categories, and you want to be sure you're selecting the correct article when you use:
They can also be useful when you want to call an article one thing to your end-users, and something else to your content contributors.
The internal title is displayed instead of the Full Article Title in these places within app.knowledgeowl.com:
- The Articles hierarchy
- The Find Articles search in the lower left corner
- The Manage Articles interface (search and article list)
- The Manage Articles CSV export > Customizations > Internal Title column
- The Insert Link to Article pop-up/search
- The Related Articles search
- The Add Article > Copy from existing search
- The Add Article > Share content from an existing article search
- If the article is a shared content article, the internal title will be used in the shared content messages in the editor
To add an internal title:
- With the article open in the editor, click the Add Internal Title link to the right of the Full Article Title.
- Enter the title you'd like to use in the Internal Article Title box that appears.
- Save your article.
You can remove an internal title using the Remove Internal Title link in the editor.