In Settings > Widget, the Customize Text section allows you to change a variety of text fields:
- The Knowledge, Recommended, and Contact tab labels
- The header text displayed in the Knowledge and Recommended tabs
- The Open in full site and Scroll to top actions in the footer
- The search bar placeholder and the header text displayed above Quick Search and Full Search results
- Add a custom footer that will display below the open in full site and scroll to top footer
If you want to change any of this text, check out the screenshots and descriptions below so you know you're changing the right field(s)!
- Knowledge Tab: Text entered here will change the label for the Knowledge Tab, the first tab in the widget. This tab lets your users browse and navigate your knowledge base. All articles clicked on in other tabs will open here, too.
- Recommended Tab: Text entered here will change the label for the Recommended Tab, the second tab in the widget. If you are using Contextual Help and Pages to Recommend On, the recommended articles for the current page display here.
- Contact Tab: Text entered here will change the label for the Contact Tab, the third tab in the widget. (This tab only displays if you are using the Contact Form in your knowledge base.)
- Open in Site: All three widget tabs include a footer which displays an Open in Site link. Clicking this link will open your full knowledge base in a separate tab, opened to the page currently displayed in the widget. (For the Recommended tab, Open in Site will take users to your knowledge base's homepage.)
- Scroll to Top: All three widget tabs include a footer which displays a Scroll to Top link. This link is shown on non-touch devices so that if someone is scrolling through a lengthy article in the widget, they can quickly jump back to the top of the article.
- Knowledge Header: Text entered here appears at the top of the Knowledge Tab.
- Search Bar Placeholder: Text entered here is displayed in the search bar when it's empty. The search bar appears on the Knowledge and Recommended tabs.
- Recommended Header: Text entered here appears at the top of the Recommended Tab.
- Quick Search Header: Text entered here displays at the top of the search results as someone types into the search bar.
- Full Search Header: Text entered here displays at the top of search results once someone hits enter or completes a full search.
- Custom Footer Content: You can insert your own custom footer, which will appear below the Open in Site and Scroll to Top footer. Text entered here will display there.