Once Required Reading is enabled, a Required Reading section will appear in the article editor (between Restrict Editing to Teams and Article Call Outs).
To mark an article as required:
- Open the article for editing.
- In the righthand column, check the Required box in the Required Reading section (between Restrict Editing to Teams and Article Call Outs).
- Select the Set Next Start Date button that appears. Use the date picker to select your Start Date.
A Start Date must be set for the article to appear as required for readers and for acknowledgements to be properly attributed. See the additional sections below for adding additional Start Dates and deleting Start Dates.
- Be sure to Save your article.
You cannot set articles in topic display categories, URL redirect articles, or custom content categories to be required. If you're interested in marking topic display categories' articles or custom content categories as required, please contact us and let us know you'd like to be added to our feature requests for this functionality!
Once you save an article as required and add a Start Date:
- The article is displayed in the Required Reading page and the Required Reading article list (if used).
- The article will display the required reading flag and acknowledgement to readers.
- Readers' acknowledgements will be tracked and added to the Required Reading report.
You can also Retrigger the same article for new acknowledgement.