Reader password reset emails are sent to readers when:
- they request a password reset
- an administrator resets their password
The standard text for these password reset emails is:
Hi (reader's first name)!
Your password has been reset. Please log into any of the following knowledge bases and update your password:
Title(s) of knowledge base(s) the reader has access to
Link(s) to knowledge base(s) the reader has access to--------------
You may log in with the following credentials:
Username: (reader's username)
Password: (reader's password)
After logging in, you will be asked to update your password.
You can customize this reader welcome email. To do so:
- Go to Your Account > Readers.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the Reader Password Reset section.
- Make changes to the From Name, Reply To email address, Subject, and Body. The body field here requires straight HTML. (If you haven't worked with HTML before, you can create what you want in an article and then click the Code View or Source button to copy the HTML formatting!)
- The -- Select a Merge Code -- dropdown at the bottom allows you to add KnowledgeOwl variables such as the reader's first or last name, and so on. The existing template uses the merge codes for: Reader first name, List of KBs reader has access to, Reader Login / Username, Reader Password. Password and Login/Username are required.
- Once you've finished making changes, Save the settings.
If you have multiple knowledge bases, this reader password reset email template is used for ALL of your knowledge bases.
Here's a sample change, where we've updated the From Name, Reply To, and Subject, and added a statement at the bottom: