You have the ability to specify watermark text and a password for your PDFs.
Watermark text will be displayed diagonally across each page of the PDF.
If you add a password, a user will have to enter that password before they can successfully open the PDF.
To add to each type of PDF:
- For Individual article PDFs, go to Settings > PDF. If you add a watermark or password, make a small change to a single article and re-check the PDF to see how you like it. (PDFs can take a few minutes to regenerate.) Once you're happy with the change, contact us to regenerate all your article PDFs.
- For Standard PDF export (Full PDF Download), go to Knowledge Base > Exports. This page should open to the Standard PDF tab and you can add your watermark or password there.
- Once you make your changes, be sure to click the Save and Regenerate PDF Export button to update your Standard PDF.
- For Custom PDF exports, go to Knowledge Base > Exports.
- Open the Custom PDFs tab.
- Find the card for the custom PDF you'd like to add a watermark or password to, and select the gear icon to the right of the PDF's name.
- Once you've made the changes you'd like, be sure to click the Save and Regenerate PDF Export button at the bottom of the page to regenerate your custom PDF with those settings!