How do I make the change?
You will only be able to switch from monthly to annual billing if you have Full Admin privileges on your account. If you don't see the Account option under Your Account, you are not an Admin. Contact an Admin author on your account to switch from monthly to annual billing.
You can switch from monthly to annual billing at any time. To do so, once you're logged into app.knowledgeowl.com:
- Go to Your Account > Account.
- The credit card displayed here is what we'll charge for the annual subscription, so be sure you have the correct credit card info added before you follow these steps.
- On the right hand side, toggle from “Monthly” to “Annually - 10% discount”.
- Once you select Annually, the Plan Cost information will update to show your yearly cost (with the discount), and an Upgrade button will appear below the Plan Cost.
- If you are a non-profit organization, you can check the box to receive a 25% annual discount.
- Click the Upgrade button to finalize the change.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear which will show your yearly total. The actual amount charged may be less than this total if you are part-way through your billing month (please see "If I switch to annual, how soon will I be billed?" below).
If I switch to annual, how soon will I get billed?
Right away! If you choose to switch from monthly to annual billing, you will be charged immediately for a full year of service with a 10% discount. However, if you are part-way through a month of service that you’ve already paid for, our system will generate a prorated refund for the unused time on the monthly charge, and offset that against the annual charge.
Will I be billed for a full year from today's date?
You will be billed for a full year from the date you make the switch, and that date will become your new annual renewal date. You will be charged for an additional year of service each year on that date.
Is the 10% discount one-time or recurring?
Once you’ve made the switch, it’s all yours! You will continue to receive a 10% discount for as long as you stay on an annual plan. If you move away from annual billing, you will no longer be eligible to receive the 10% discount.
Can I switch back to monthly at a future date?
Absolutely! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to switch back to a monthly subscription. If you choose to switch back from annual to monthly billing, our system will generate a prorated refund for the unused time on the annual charge. That can be held in credit on your account, or refunded back to your payment method, whichever you prefer.
However, keep in mind that if you switch back to monthly billing you will no longer be eligible to receive the 10% discount.
If I switch to annual, am I locked in for a full year?
No matter whether you subscribe to monthly or annual billing, you are free to cancel your account at any time.
See Cancel my account for full cancellation steps.
What are my payment options?
If you switch from monthly to annual billing, your annual charge will be made to the same card you have registered on your account for your monthly payments. We also offer invoiced billing - see below for details.
Can I pay by invoice?
Yes! We offer payment by invoice on all annual accounts. Please email us at email@example.com to request the switch.