Reader welcome emails are sent to each reader when they have been added to a knowledge base.
The standard text for these welcome emails is:
Hi (reader's first name)!
You have been invited to the following knowledge bases:
Title of knowledge base
Link to knowledge base
You may log in with the following credentials:
Username: (reader's username)
Password: (reader's password)
You can customize this reader welcome email. To do so:
- Go to Your Account > Readers.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Scroll to the Reader Welcome Email section.
- Make changes to the From Name, Reply To email address, Subject, and Body. The body field here requires straight HTML. (If you haven't worked with HTML before, you can create what you want in an article and then click the Code View or Source button to copy the HTML formatting!)
- The -- Select a Merge Code -- dropdown at the bottom allows you to add KnowledgeOwl variables such as the reader's first or last name, and so on. The existing template uses the merge codes for: Reader first name, List of KBs reader has access to, Reader Login / Username, Reader Password. Password and Login/Username are required.
- Once you've finished making changes, Save the settings.
If you have multiple knowledge bases, this reader welcome email template is used for ALL of your knowledge bases.
Here's a sample change, where we've updated the From Name, Reply To, and Subject, and added a statement at the bottom: