Webhooks allow you to proactively subscribe to events that occur in your KnowledgeOwl account. When an event occurs that you have subscribed to, we will POST a message to the endpoint of your specification containing information about the event.
To create webhooks in your knowledge base:
- Go to Your Account > Webhooks.
- Use the + Create New Webhook button to create a new webhook.
- This will open a New Webhook configuration pop-up.
- The Knowledge Bases section allows you to select which knowledge bases you'd like this webhook to fire for. All Knowledge Bases is selected by default, but you can check individual knowledge bases to only enable it for specific knowledge bases.
- Select one or more Webhook Events. The events you select are what will trigger the webhook.
- Select the Webhook Type. Slack will send the webhook as a Slack message. API will send it to any API endpoint of your choice.
- Add an appropriate API Endpoint to send the webhook to.
- Click Create.
Here's an example of a Slack webhook configured to fire on the KnowledgeOwl and KnowledgeOwl Support knowledge bases when an article is published:
Once you create the webhook, if you've selected a single knowledge base, you can also restrict the webhook to fire on a single category.