Our full contact form template directs your readers to a self-serve search like this:
Readers can search the topic they want help with, and the form will return a list of possible resources.
Only once a reader clicks "No, submit my request." can they get to the actual contact form.
This is great for knowledge bases that provide support and you're trying to encourage self-service before ticket creation.
But in some knowledge bases, it makes more sense to have the Contact Us link take you straight to the contact form itself, bypassing the self-service piece entirely.
If you skip the self-service questions, the Contact Form Reporting won't populate, since we can't detect deflection if there is no point for deflection.
If you'd like to make that change:
- Go to Settings > Style.
- Below the preview pane, click on Custom HTML.
- Select Top Navigation from the dropdown.
- Look for the navbar-collapse div that contains your navbar-right, and within that, look for the contact template:
- Delete the [template("contact")] and replace it with the code below:
<a class="hg-header-link" href="/help/contact-feedback">Contact Us</a>
Your knowledge base might use the /home/ or /docs/ root path instead of /help/. If it does, replace /help/ in the href to match what your knowledge base uses.
- You can also adjust the text to say something besides "Contact Us", if you'd like.
- With the change in place, click Save.
- Here's a sample with this change made, using the /help/ root path: