Over the weekend, as part of our infrastructure improvements, we released a major change to how we process jobs that run in the background. These include things like:
- Bulk edits in Manage
- Standard PDF export
- Custom PDF export
- HTML Zip export
- Subscription notifications (any frequency setting)
- Comment notification email digests (the hourly, daily, and weekly emails)
- Tracking article views and quality views (Popular Articles report)
- Deleting a reader group (this kicks off a background job to remove the reader group from all content)
- Deleting a user team (this kicks off a background job to remove the user team from all content)
- Reindexing your knowledge base for search (usually as a result of changing synonyms)
This change moves the background jobs to a more scalable infrastructure. Since this is largely behind-the-scenes, the only noticeable changes you'll see are in the HTML Zip export, which runs much faster and has a more detailed progress bar now.
If you notice issues with any of these background jobs, please let our support team know immediately!