Users are people who can create, edit, and manage your knowledge base content. They have access to the backend of the application, and you pay for the users on your account. There are two main types of users:
- Admin Users: Account administrators have access to everything in your account.
- Non-admin users: Non-admins are granted permissions by the admins on a per knowledge base level. For each knowledge base, a user can be an editor, a writer, or have no access.
- Editors have access to all settings on a knowledge base, including settings, security, and styles.
- Writers can only create and edit content (categories and articles).
- Users with no access will not be able to view a knowledge base in the backend.
- Non-admin users can be given access to Readers.
Readers are people who can view your knowledge base. They only have access to the frontend (the knowledge base). You can have an unlimited number of readers on your account.