Honestly, fixing bugs is a little bit like eating your vegetables--some days you're really excited about it, and some days it feels more like a chore. But (at least here in the US), it's a very exciting time of year to be eating vegetables, with so many tasty things coming in season, so maybe that's why our developers have been so enthusiastically fixing bugs lately!
We've released fixes for these bugs:
- The Make Visible to Groups versions settings weren't properly saving in custom content categories (and they were missing our new links to view the version as a result). We've fixed this so the settings properly change and you can review custom content category versions just like articles.
- The Standard PDF export was missing articles created in the last few days. This was due to some changes in our default settings for new articles (an underlying field stored as Boolean false on initial save rather than an empty string). We've fixed this. If you use the Standard PDF export, we recommend regenerating it to ensure it has the full articles.
- Contextual Help Widget (2.0) had some bugs when trying to open anchors. There were two configurations we fixed:
- Links to articles within topic display categories set to Override Article Links were just opening to the top of the topic display category rather than the specific article. This was true both with Link to Article and with full URLs. These properly open to the article now.
- Links to manually-added anchors in other articles were just opening to the top of the article. This was true both with Link to Article with the anchor added and with full URLs. These properly open to the anchor now.
- When copying a knowledge base, recently-created articles were missing from the newly-created copy. This was due to the same setting that impacted the Standard PDF export, and we fixed it in the same way. If you've taken a copy of a knowledge base in the last couple weeks, you may want to do some quick Manage Article filter comparisons to ensure you aren't missing articles in the newer copy.